Cost's

flak509

Cost's

Post by flak509 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Hey lads

ive played this cool mod a lot since discovering it on steam

overall everything is very balanced and well made, me and my mates love it

A few minor changes i would suggest is
to lower the price on mines, both AT and AP, i would like to use them more but they cost too much compared to their usefulness, when the battle rages paying 150 or 200 for a string of mines is just too much for them to ever pay a real part in the game. A few rows of wire is then just the choice that players will pick, since mines are sensitive to mortars and are slow to deploy only sectors that are calm but needs some basic defence to slow down a possible raid is where mines would come in handy, or by a destroyed bridge in case it gets rebuild unnoticed.

Snipers also seem rather high in cost and it makes little sense for a BEF player to use them when raiders are cheaper and you get 4 men who can use concealment.

Pipers (cool idea btw) when the Germans get a Sergeant for 100 and no pop, to have the Piper at 175 and 1 pop would see the piper fall into the background which is a shame.

Flamethrowers, it would be cool if they where a weapon that could be dropped and used by the enemy, like in COH2

thats it from me

The Soldier

Re: Cost's

Post by The Soldier » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:07 pm

The German Platoon Officer is more akin to the British Command Squad, both provide some defensive and offensive bonuses once fully upgraded.

The Piper is in a class of it's own - it provides massive combat buffs, including (from my experience) complete or near complete immunity to suppression, increased accuracy, and increased damage when near the Piper. And it lasts for a long, LONG time, and can be continuously played without a minimal cooldown. This Piper is bloody epic. :D
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Dzierzan

Post by Dzierzan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello there!

Well, I just looked at priced of mines and I can't really understand why do you think they're too expensive. Well, yeah, placing lots of AT mines at the same time may be expensive, but armour in TGW mod is rather rare. But I guess you're building big mine fields, which are supposed to work against AI, aren't they? Well, in PvsP games it doesn't work this way.
Snipers also seem rather high in cost and it makes little sense for a BEF player to use them when raiders are cheaper and you get 4 men who can use concealment.
Trench Raiders are fragile and you have to play very clever using them. For example destroying enemy bunkers or arty emplacements. Though, I wouldn't recommend using them against infantry in close combat, unless they're supportted with other attacking troops. I mean trench raiders are supposed to flank enemy forces.
Pipers (cool idea btw) when the Germans get a Sergeant for 100 and no pop, to have the Piper at 175 and 1 pop would see the piper fall into the background which is a shame.
What? You want a piper for Germans? I didn't get that sentence.
Flamethrowers, it would be cool if they where a weapon that could be dropped and used by the enemy, like in COH2
Hmmmm.... Dunno... I don't even know if it's possible for CoH1's engine. Let Don answer this.

flak509

Post by flak509 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:45 pm

I use would use mines to cover an approach to a bridge or between houses or other obstacles where the enemy has a high chance of coming thru, but with the price being 50 per mine, a bombing run only cost 200 or a creeping barrage for 150. Mines are not a fronline weapon but say in a points game to add to the security to a distant objective in case of a breakthru or raid. I dont find tanks rare at all, considering the BEF and Germans can spawn tanks from their command ability, maybe not in groups of 5 but well used id say over the duration of a game.

I find raiders to be my favorite offensive unit if I get the Royal Engineers ability, especially if combined with tanks, buildings and guns can be "bangolored" and keep the tanks moving. one of their roles is that of hidden scout, to maximize the effectiveness of MG-nest's, field guns and mortars but its prolly down to playing style if you consider snipers worth the extra.

lol German pipers nah not what i had in mind, i merely meant that the German support unit was cheaper but hey ill give the piper some more chances if he is that good.
If you want a German musician consider Hansi Hinterseer in lederhosen ;)