Bug reports

CoHtaku

Bug reports

Post by CoHtaku » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 am

Hi,

Do you guys accept bug reports? I don't see a section for it on the forum, but there are a few issues i've noticed with the mod.

Thanks, CoHtaku.

don_Durandal

Re: Bug reports

Post by don_Durandal » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Fixed.
“a poor model can be saved by a great texture, but a bad texture will ruin even the most detailed model.” - James O'Donnell, Forgotten Hope mod artist

CoHtaku

Post by CoHtaku » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:43 am

Thank you don_Durandal. :)

Firstly, i should mention that my version of the mod is v1_2; I don't have a clue if another version has been put out since that one, so some of these may already be fixed.

Now, i went to play the mod again today to consolidate my notes, and i was presented with the following message when asked to verify my Opposing Fronts disc:
Emulator detected!
Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.
I've never seen this message before nor since, so i don't know what that was about. I don't even know if it had anything to do with your mod or not, but i thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

And now for the list of bugs/other issues i've noticed so far:
  • I have noticed a couple of hotkeys so far that are both tied to the same action, and both are for the Sappers:
    -The Wirecutters and Withdraw abilities are both 'W'. (This has caused me to lose no less than 1 squad thus far. :x )
    -The Vickers HMG nest and 4.5" QF howitzer are both 'H'.
  • Also regarding the Vickers emplacement, i noticed that its doctrinal Camouflage ability displays "Unable to perform actions.", however the ability itself seems to work regardless.
  • On Fromelles, the high Munitions Point near start position 2 is connected to the H.Q. territory without the nearby strategic point having to be capped:

I have run into this bug myself when mapping, and i never could figure out how to fix it. Of course, Monolithic Bacon is a remarkably talented mapper, so he may know how to fix it.
  • There is a typo in the description for Infiltration Tactics: It says "agressive" instead of "aggressive".
  • It's possible to queue up more than 3 A7V Sturmpanzer, even though only 3 are available.
  • I collected a Mauser 13mm A-T rifle with a Pionier Group and then recrewed an 18-Pounder, after which the squad lost their weapon. (If i recall it was still held by one of the new crewmen.) It still appears that they have the weapon on the H.U.D., though:

I have noticed a similar bug with the Sappers in the base game though, so this may be a Relic bug and not one of your own.
  • And finally, the animations for some of the crewed weapons are buggy (most notably the Minenwerfer), but i suppose you guys already know about that. :P
Thanks for listening, CoHtaku.

CoHtaku

Re: Round 2!

Post by CoHtaku » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 am

Hello again,

Sorry for double-posting, but i've collected a lot more issues to report and i'd like to post them before i forget.
  • Firstly, i've found some more hotkeys which have the same function:
    - Raiding Party: Throw grenade + Assault = N & Lewis gun upgrade + Bangalore = L
    - Officer: Rouse + Forced March = F
    - Serjeant: #27 smoke grenade + second platoon = S
    - Mk.IV/V: Stop tank + tank panic = S
  • Similarly, the German 'regroup' ability is U; For the sake of ease of use, it should be homogenized to W. Likewise, it would be helpful if the Sappers #28 chemical grenade was N.
  • There are symbols which sometimes appear below the unit icons above the squads leaders; For the British, this partially covers their platoon number, making it exceedingly difficult to tell which platoon they're assigned to with the already too small numbers.
  • The Concealing Smoke of the Assault Pioneers doesn't camouflage them. Also, would it be possible to change their voice to that of the Grenadiers? Since they sometimes refer to themselves as Pioneers, i think it would fit better than the Stormtroopers (especially since they're already used).
  • This Fuel point is floating comically in mid-air:
    It's also not capturable from the tactical map.
  • The British Ammunition Dump and Maintenance Bay can't be rigged with demolitions charges.
  • After completing a base building, builders don't move on to the next if there happens to be one under construction nearby. This doesn't apply to defensive structures.
  • There is a bugged machine gun sound. Near as i can tell it's from the MG08 within the strongpoint. It has no directional sound and nor does it fade when in the distance, making it quite annoying.
  • My starting Sapper squad can be assigned to a platoon like normal, however all subsequent Sappers cannot.
  • The range of this captured howitzer is nothing more than a farce:
    They have good range when built, however.
  • None of the tanks seem to have any physics (after knocking down a telephone wire, the pole simply falls straight through the vehicle).
  • For some reason my Field Liason post stopped producing Sturmpanzer after only 1 had been completed.
    You also misspelled "strength".
  • The maximum population capacity cannot exceed 150. I haven't noticed this in the original game, however i'm not sure i've even gotten it that high. (See the above screenshot.)
  • As in my previous post, these territories also aren't disconnected:
  • The taskbar portraits for the German officer and sniper don't match their unit models.
  • A most peculiar bug, when a Raiding Party with a Lewis gun collects a dropped MG08/15, their Lewis will magically turn into another MG08!
  • Rally points cannot be changed whilst a building is under contruction; It will simply reset once it's finished.
  • I can only call in 2 Stokes Mortars before reaching population capacity, no matter how much room there is left in my popcap.
  • The ability to call in reinforcements doesn't recharge until i gather the prerequisite Manpower.
  • There's no tooltip for the British base structure construction.
  • The German field hospital is incapable of reinforcing.
  • And finally, the officers will often stop following the squads they were assigned to. (The same thing happens then they're ordered to withdraw, which doubtlessly puts their lives in jeopardy.)
    (The link graphic is also buggy.)
Thank you for taking the time to read through all that. I hope some if not all of these issues can be resolved in the following patches. :)

-CoHtaku

GeneralCH

Post by GeneralCH » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:41 am

Hey!
You took alot of effort, just wanted to post to appreciate your work. :)
The medical hospital not being able to reinforce is not a bug.

CoHtaku

Post by CoHtaku » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi GeneralCH,

Thanks, it's been a great deal of fun playing your mod despite a number of bugs. You guys have done some excellent work. :)

I guess it's just the description that needs changing, then, if it's not meant to be able to reinforce? For balance reasons, however, it seems appropriate that both upgrade types can reinforce; Just one can produce new units and the other can heal. If the field hospital is only capable of healing and not reinforcing, then it's much less desirable than the alternative option. (Maybe you could give it passive healing like the H.Q. to compensate?)

Comissar Zhukov

Post by Comissar Zhukov » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:44 am

What other do you mean? The MG/08 strongpoint? Or the Telephone wire one?
Because as far as I know, you can't reinforce from any of them. UNLESS you pick the first german doctrine (defense in depth it is?) and unlock one of its firsts abilities, then you can use all 3 strongpoints to reinforce your units. Even the basic one without upgrades.

CoHtaku

Post by CoHtaku » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Comissar Zhukov,

I mean the upgrades that are available from world buildings. The forward barracks allows you to produce new infantry squads plus reinforce your existing ones, while the field hospital only allows healing and even then you have to pay for it. The former is clearly the superior choice, so the latter needs to be given a 'buff' of some kind. (I would suggest the ability to reinforce with passive healing after the upgrade at the H.Q. - Just like the Panzer Elite.)

In any case, this is a matter of balance and not a bug, so it should probably be discussed elsewhere. :)

Cheers, CoHtaku.