Snail drums.

Comissar Zhukov

Snail drums.

Postby Comissar Zhukov » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:13 am

Does anyone know where did the Stoßtruppen carry the extra 9mm snail drums for the MP-18?
Im wondering that practical question because I recently recived this:

Is it the greenish bag on the front right? (I know it's not in the rations bag on the front left).

don_Durandal

Re: Snail drums.

Postby don_Durandal » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:22 pm

On his waist, the bag on his front left is the old cloth carrier for the M1915 Gummimaske (replaced later by the metal canister he wears on his back left).

The bread bag, or "ration's bag" as you call it, is on his waist's front right. It really should be on his back (over the right buttock) because the way he's wearing it on that figure will really restrict his movements.

He doesn't actually carry the canva bags for the Luger Trommelmagazin. Realistically he would have just tossed the spare magazines in his grenade backs in exchange for a couple stick grenades less.
“a poor model can be saved by a great texture, but a bad texture will ruin even the most detailed model.” - James O'Donnell, Forgotten Hope mod artist

CoHtaku

Postby CoHtaku » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Wow, thank you for that explanation Mr. Durandal. I always wondered where videogame characters put all their weapons & ammunition. :D

Comissar Zhukov

Postby Comissar Zhukov » Sat May 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Many thanks Don_Durandal! Now lets see If i can fit 2 of them there...

Return to “History”