V1.2 Flandern Fields 1 hour madness

Show us your replays, tell us your tales
GeneralCH

V1.2 Flandern Fields 1 hour madness

Postby GeneralCH » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:26 pm

This game was hard to win. Epic tank action, arty action and no decision until end:

http://www.speedyshare.com/scCwR/4p-fla ... -41-30.rec

The Soldier

Re: V1.2 Flandern Fields 1 hour madness

Postby The Soldier » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 pm

From my end, I can say that the British Officer artillery is very, VERY much superior to the German Officer artillery. It's on more than 1 unit, is on a much cheaper unit, comes down quicker, is "aimed" quicker, does more damage, has way more shells, and might even be a bit cheaper.

With that in mind, the Officers shall rule the day. :) Early on, two Whippets ran free on the right flank, killing two artillery (big win) and pushing off Herr Elephant (no worries, both crews were put in for posthumous Victoria Crosses).

That aside, I hardly had any manpower for infantry late-game. Tank after tank after tank just rolled off my doctrinal menu bar and onto the battlefield. They had a pretty high casualty rate because I had no clue how to use them. Infantry-wise, at most I had 1 Infantry section and 2 officers (for their officer artillery, very useful). At the very end of the game, maybe the last 10-15 minutes, I learned a bit better how to preserve my crews.

With what I lacked in infantry, I gained with GeneralCH's blob. :D The final push came with GeneralCH's infantry breaking through with my officers bravely sacrificed themselves to capture the last victory point. With that done, my tanks pushed through (albeit a bit unnecessary) and the game was won.

As a side note, my Trench Raiders did a good bit of recon and explosions before they were wiped about 3/4 of the way into the match. They must have taken out at least 3 Strongpoints and given GeneralCH the recon necessary to blow up more Strongpoints (and those blasted emplaced field guns).
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

CoHtaku

Postby CoHtaku » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi,

None of these replays currently posted are available. Have they been taken down? :(

- CoHtaku.

The Soldier

Postby The Soldier » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 am

Ask GeneralCH, no idea what he's done with them.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

GeneralCH

Postby GeneralCH » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Hello!
im afraid i don´t have those replays anymore.

CoHtaku

Postby CoHtaku » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Alright then, thank you for your reply.

Return to “After Action Reports”