Fuel

German Imperial Army and the Imperial & Royal Army of Austria-Hungary
Higgins

Fuel

Postby Higgins » Mon May 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I don´t know where this post belong, so i write it here. I had allways way to much fuel in the lategame with the german empire. You only have 3 tanks and fieldguns don't get destroyed that often. I allways had a lot of fuel and never needed to worry about it.
First in the line of fire, first into hostile land.

CoHtaku

Re: Fuel

Postby CoHtaku » Tue May 10, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Higgins,

Surplus Fuel supplies are an unfortunate flaw of Company of Heroes, which is not just relegated to this mod and certainly not a single faction (although i do concur that it's perhaps more apparent with the Germans, given their limited number of tanks). Since you won't be using much Fuel in the original game once you've finished teching up due to your need to pour Manpower into infantry and their replacements, not to mention the Fuelless off-map tanks, any mod which follows this same economical system is bound to have the same problems.

In my mod, however, i plan to have a Fuel upkeep for all vehicles, with the off-map ones costing the most amount of upkeep; Not only would it make Fuel more valuable in the later game, it would also reduce reliance on off-map tanks, which are generally more powerful than 'vanilla' ones. Perhaps such a system could be incorporated into this mod?

Mit feindlichen Grüßen, CoHtaku.

Higgins

Postby Higgins » Tue May 10, 2016 7:38 pm

The Brits don´t have that problem, expect they have the tank corps. I guess there is not much to do about that, but your idea with fuel-upkeep is realy interesting.
Btw: Your ,,Mit feindlichen Grüßen'' realy made me smile. :D

CoHtaku

Postby CoHtaku » Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 am

I think they do, but as you say it's not as bad as the Germans. It does also depend on your playstyle (i normally focus on infantry and off-map tanks anyway), as well as the map, as some have more Fuel readily accessible than others (part of the reason i hate Semois is the +10 Fuel right next to the base).

I was just being silly there. :P

GeneralCH

Postby GeneralCH » Tue May 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Do you guys play against each other or against computer?

Gameplay is unfortunately not optimized yet towards mulitplayer, so some stuff might look strange. :)

Higgins

Postby Higgins » Tue May 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Always 2v2 with real players.

CoHtaku

Postby CoHtaku » Tue May 17, 2016 9:54 pm

I almost always play Villers-Bretonneux, as that's by far the best map (it's like the Angoville of the The Great War mod), and always skirmish mode (unless i want to test something which requires multiplayer) - I usually play with hard as British or expert as Germans, since the latter are generally better.

By the way, i'm not sure i mentioned it before but this map has some weird graphical glitches in explosions:

Other maps have different graphical glitches, too. I can't honestly say why this is. :| Do you guys experience this, or is it just me?

Higgins

Postby Higgins » Wed May 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Even if it´s not the topic here, i noticed this opctical issue seems to be connected to the daytime of the map.

Return to “Central Powers”